THE MAYLAND AMATEUR RADIO CLUB, Inc. (MARC)… shall operate exclusively for charitable and educational purposes..…
Charitable being defined as:
1. To work in co-operation with, and provide communications support to local, State, and National law enforcement, fire, rescue, and emergency personnel.
2. To provide information to the National Weather Service in the event of severe weather.
3. To provide emergency communications support in the event of a natural disaster.
4. To provide communication support for community service events.
Educational being defined as:
1. To educate, train, and promote amateur radio operators through classes and exercises designed to develop proficiency in the art of Amateur Radio.
2. To encourage students to develop skills in electronics.